Sunday, May 23, 2010

Walks

The weather's been so inviting of late that I've been out enjoying walks in my neighborhood. I've begun to bring my camera with me on these excursions to capture the little vistas of spring that I see. Here are a few I'd like to share...


The painterly way the clouds hang in the sky captured my attention here. It seems that the greens on the hillside have been waiting for a day just like this!



This reminded me of a poster from a 1950's barbershop featuring the many different types of haircuts from which to choose... (Photoshop your side profile here) "I'd like the apple blossom pompadour with just a little off the back."




I used to listen to music on walks but now I enjoy listening to the sounds of the day. When I'm attuned to the world around me a space opens up inside. I feel the air coming in and out of my lungs and the tension in my shoulders ease. The rhythm of my feet on the ground shakes loose the weight of the day. As I connect to the moment and find the calm it's then that I can see the delights of the world around me. And, oh, are there delights to be seen!

Here's some of the very freshest spring grass against a backdrop of moss.



This little vista is in the crook of a root of a big tree. I love the little bits of stick and leaves that cover this valley floor. Moss is something that always catches my attention: I love the range of greens from dark to bright, the velvety texture and the way it cascades over the rolling hills of the roots.


Wishing you the delights the day,
Karen

3 comments:

blanket of love and support said...

I love the way you see the world.......blade by blade... step by step...or as far as the eye can see. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and you found so much so close to you.

Are you sure you haven't been a photographer all your life. Great pictures.

Karen said...

Maybe I've been a photographer who didn't have a camera... and now I do!

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I love the way you see the world and your upbeat nature! :)